frames broken vs2003 to vs2005

segue

I upgraded my frames based website and now it only
works in google chrome. All other browsers just show a
blank white page.

I read that microsoft was discontinuing frames support in .net 2.0
and later due to session management issues.

I like the frames model for information sites. Any suggestion on fixing
this problem appreciated.

Regards - Segue

segue

Here's the frames with some syntax I've tried regarding the Doctype - thanks

<%@ Page Language="C#" Inherits="project1.WebForm1"
CodeFile="Frames.aspx.cs" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Frameset//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-Frameset.dtd">

<!--DOCTYPE transitional PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Frameset//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-frameset.dtd"-->
<!--!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Frameset//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/frameset.dtd">

"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd"-->

<head>
<title>Project1</title>
content="http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-frameset.dtd" />
<!--meta name="vs_targetSchema"
content="http://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/ie5"-->
</head>

<frameset framespacing="no" rows="54px,600" id="tabstrip" border="no"
frameborder="no">
<frame name="tab" src="tabstrip/default.aspx"/ frameborder="no"
scrolling="no">
<frameset framespacing="no" cols="15%,85%" id="toolbar" border="no"
frameborder="no">
<frame name="nav" src="toolbar/sometoolbar.html" scrolling="no">
<%--frame name="main"
src="http://www.someredirect.com/nav/treeview1.aspx" scrolling=yes
noresize--%>
<frame name="main" src="/somepage/info.aspx" scrolling="yes">
</frameset>

</frameset>

segue

I'll try to answer what kind of doctype I'm using within the frameset.

I'm importing aspx pages within the frames. The frames page is a .aspx page.

The aspx pages include standard html and asp.net code.

Mark Rae said:
[please don't top-post]
http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html
Here's the frames with some syntax I've tried regarding the Doctype -
thanks

What DOCTYPE are you using for the actual pages within the frameset...?

segue

All Frame aspx pages are using:

Mark Rae said:
*** [please don't top-post] ***
http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html
I'll try to answer what kind of doctype I'm using within the frameset.

I'm importing aspx pages within the frames. The frames page is a .aspx
page.

Importing? From where you importing these pages? How are you importing them?

The aspx pages include standard html and asp.net code.

No doubt, but what DOCTYPE are they using...?

segue

Any suggestions regarding subpage doctypes for frames?