Frames - change two framesets with one link

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Björn Heise, Sep 23, 2003.

  1. Björn Heise

    Björn Heise Guest

    Hi,

    I want to change two framesets with one link.
    My page has three sections, one on the left (1) and two (2, 3) on the right.
    See exapample:
    ________________
    | |_____2_______|
    | | |
    | 1 | 3 |
    |__ |_____________|

    Now I want to change the html-files in section 2 and 3 by clicking only one
    link in section 1.
    But I can only change one of the both files on the right side.
    (<a href="2.html" target="2">link</a>)

    Who can help me?

    Thanks in advance.

    Björn

    Björn Heise, Sep 23, 2003

  2. Björn Heise

    brucie Guest

  3. Björn Heise

    Steve Pugh Guest

    Two framesets or two frames?
    Link to a new frameset document with target="_top". You will need to
    create a new frameset for every combination of pages, but that's just
    one of the disadvantages of using frames.

    Or you can use JavaScript, but then you need to decide which frame is
    more important to update as users who do not have JS will only have
    the one frame linked to in the standard href updated.

    http://www.htmlhelp.com/faq/html/frames.html#frame-update2

    http://www.html-faq.com/htmlframes/?framesareevil

    Steve

    Steve Pugh, Sep 23, 2003