free IDE with removing import and refactoring

pihentagy

Hi!

I am looking for a python IDE which can remove my unused imports, and
can do basic refactoring under windows.

Can somebody advice me such an IDE?

I have played with eclipse and netbeans, but I cannot find such a
functionality (but maybe I looked it over).

Besides, an installation howto would be useful for me.

Thanks
Gergo

Stef Mientki

pihentagy said:
Hi!

I am looking for a python IDE which can remove my unused imports,
is that possible in a language like Python ?
I can imagine the opposite, importing those things that are necessary.
and
can do basic refactoring under windows.
What kind of refactoring do you think of ?

cheers,
Stef

Fabio Zadrozny

I am looking for a python IDE which can remove my unused imports, and
can do basic refactoring under windows.

If you have Pydev Extensions, it analyzes your source for undefined
tokens and is able to make the imports for you (but it doesn't remove
the unused imports... especially because this can be very tricky in
Python, where tokens can be imported from one module to another --
different from java, where the only thing you import are actually the
classes, so, in practice, the effectiveness in Python for that feature
is not the same as in Java, still, being able to write the imports for
you is really useful:
http://fabioz.com/pydev/manual_adv_complnoctx.html and ctrl+shift+O
for it to write the imports for the undefined tokens)

Also, basic refactoring is available.
Besides, an installation howto would be useful for me.

Start here: http://fabioz.com/pydev/manual_101_root.html

Cheers,

Fabio