    Besides, an installation howto would be useful for me.

    Thanks
    Gergo

    pihentagy, Oct 29, 2008

  2. pihentagy

    rewonka Guest

    HI!
    Did you tried the ERIC python IDE?

    Rew

    pihentagy írta:

    rewonka, Oct 29, 2008

  3. pihentagy

    Stef Mientki Guest

    is that possible in a language like Python ?
    I can imagine the opposite, importing those things that are necessary.
    What kind of refactoring do you think of ?

    cheers,
    Stef

    Stef Mientki, Oct 29, 2008
  4. I am looking for a python IDE which can remove my unused imports, and
    If you have Pydev Extensions, it analyzes your source for undefined
    tokens and is able to make the imports for you (but it doesn't remove
    the unused imports... especially because this can be very tricky in
    Python, where tokens can be imported from one module to another --
    different from java, where the only thing you import are actually the
    classes, so, in practice, the effectiveness in Python for that feature
    is not the same as in Java, still, being able to write the imports for
    you is really useful:
    http://fabioz.com/pydev/manual_adv_complnoctx.html and ctrl+shift+O
    for it to write the imports for the undefined tokens)

    Also, basic refactoring is available.
    Start here: http://fabioz.com/pydev/manual_101_root.html

    Cheers,

    Fabio