free pdf ebooks (for real)

Jeremy McAnally

Mine's free if anyone is interested:
http://www.humblelittlerubybook.com/

--Jeremy

Sadly, the previous thread didn't mention any of the genuinely free
ruby ebooks (other than the pickaxe, of course). Here's a couple, for
example:

http://www.sapphiresteel.com/The-Little-Book-Of-Ruby
http://www.brpreiss.com/books/opus8/

Add any more you know about - I'll collect the list and submit it to
ruby-doc.org

martin

--
http://www.jeremymcanally.com/

My free Ruby e-book:

My blogs:
http://www.mrneighborly.com/
http://www.rubyinpractice.com/

Demetrius Gallitzin

This book is free.

Free Study Notes on Ruby by Satish Talim (116 pgs. Updated 9th Feb. 2007)
http://rubylearning.com/download/downloads.html

Summary wishlist for ruby books:

* practical workflow described for a ruby programming environment
(including debugging tools) ie. what tools to use and how? Please
don't give us the stdin piped example. ^D
* A bit more on glade for cross platform development and independent UI design.

Demetrius Gallitzin

Chapter 2: GUI Toolkits for Ruby
http://www.syngress.com/book_catalog/183_Ruby/sample.htm

This is a long but good free sample chapter from the _Ruby Developer's Guide_.

The section on "Using the Glade GUI Builder" is nice to see. I think
glade or glade-type tools can have a bit impact by keeping the GUI and
your application as interchangeable parts. It is also multi-platform.

Author: Michael Neumann
ISBN: 1928994644
Syngress.com
January 18, 2002
New Price: $29.95 (The free sample chapter is a mini-book on GUI toolkits)