free pdf/chm books

Tanzanite Tanzanite

Here is a site that offers free computing pdf and chf books.
you have to register though and agree to the terms. But please support
the authors by going to the book stores and purchasing the books.

http://www.pdfchm.com

happy reading!

John Joyce

Please don't unnecessarily submit the list to potential litigation!
It simply isn't worth the risk.
Regardless of your feelings on the morality of copyright.
Posting links to ebook sites of even marginally questionable
legitimacy endangers the whole list.
Perhaps the list may not be held liable for any kind of infringement.
That's not the only issue.
Simply being taken to court is expensive. Such liability tends to get
open forums shut down quickly or more tightly managed and controlled
(meaning less free speech).
Please post responsibly.

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt

--------------enig01E4516D4331B06BDECD2EDB

* John Joyce, 28.03.2007 08:47:
Please don't unnecessarily submit the list to potential litigation!
It simply isn't worth the risk.
Simply being taken to court is expensive. Such liability tends to get
open forums shut down quickly or more tightly managed and controlled
(meaning less free speech).

If a subject cannot be brought up because we have to fear that it
might be illegal we immediately must stop to talk about anthing
concerning strong encryption (that can be illegal by itself or used
for illegal purposes), bypassing firewalls (for which there may be
legitimate and legal reason), accessing torrents (that may or may not
provide illegal content) and so forth.

If we need to be so carful in what we write free speech has already
ceased to exist. It is one issue to oppose what is clearly illegal in
almost all countries but it is problematic to require people to take
into account all possible scenarios that *might* render something
illegal.

Hardly anything can be used to break laws. You can use a bible to
slay someone. You can use a pen to stab someone. And if you are
skilled enough you can even use a sheet of paper to cut someone's
throat. Even worse, all these means (the scriptures as well as pen
and paper) are known to (in one way or another) have caused millions,
perhaps even billions of deaths. But would you consider prohibiting
bibles, pens and paper? I don't think so.

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt
--=20
Blog available at http://www.mynetcologne.de/~nc-schugtjo/blog/
PGP key with id 6CC6574F available at http://wwwkeys.de.pgp.net/

--------------enig01E4516D4331B06BDECD2EDB

--------------enig01E4516D4331B06BDECD2EDB--

Kyle Schmitt

Without trying to start another huge post where everyone gets upset...
is there a moderator on this list who can ya know, moderate?