    Rod

    "it takes an unusual mind to see the obvious."
    - Alfred Whitehead

    Rod Person, Jul 7, 2007

  2. Rod Person ha escrito:
    I don't think one exists. You could check which process is running,
    but that would be so web 1.0 (think javascript) it makes me sick just
    to think about it. A better alternative could be to code with the
    extended WM hints (see http://standards.freedesktop.org/wm-spec/wm-spec-latest.html
    ), that should cover many needs. As with the web, (this might be
    something you already know, I apologise in that case), try to code to
    functionality, not names. Check if the WM can do what you want, not
    its name or version

    HTH

    Adriano Varoli Piazza, Jul 7, 2007