Freeware installer for java application with native library

Etantonio

Hi,
I just finished to develop my java desktop application and now I need
an installer for it,
I've several libraries like log4j.jar and jfreechart-1.0.11.jar and
also RXTXcomm.jar that is a native library and have to be in the JRE
installation directory under the path ./lib/ext otherwise the program
doesn't work.

So I need an opensource installer that solve me these problems :

1) find the JRE used in the system and copy RXTXcomm.jar there in ./
lib/ext
2) produce a program that starts just with a double click
3) manage external configuration files and resource

can you help me to find the right solution, I'm trying to avoid Java
Web Start and commercial installers.

Antonio
www.etantonio.it

Roedy Green

So I need an opensource installer that solve me these problems :

I have collected all the installers I know of at
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/installer.html

If you use Jet, it has one bundled.

The commercial ones have such complicated script languages, always
missing the feature you need and complicated by zillions you don't.

This suggests to me writing your own from scratch in C++ might be a
quite reasonable thing to do.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

If everyone lived the way people do in Vancouver, we would need three more entire planets to support us.
~ Guy Dauncey

Steve Sobol

under the path ./lib/ext otherwise the program
doesn't work.

So I need an opensource installer that solve me these problems :

1) find the JRE used in the system and copy RXTXcomm.jar there in ./
lib/ext
2) produce a program that starts just with a double click
3) manage external configuration files and resource

can you help me to find the right solution, I'm trying to avoid Java
Web Start and commercial installers.

launch4j to create a double-clickable exe, installjammer to create the
installer.

http://launch4j.sf.net/
http://installjammer.com/