frequency wave

rainny

Hi...Anybody have any idea on developing the software such like Sound
Forge? When open the sound file, then the JFrame will display the
frequency wave. So that, can tag the start and stop time of the sound
file.

If anybody could help,I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Andrew Thompson

...When open the sound file, then the JFrame will display the
frequency wave.

What is it that makes you believe you
will get better answers to this now,
than you did last September?

<http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.java.programmer/browse_frm/
thread/df318f2f60c3a6cc/ceb17c28ecfd0632#ceb17c28ecfd0632>

To be quite blunt Judging by the quality
of your questions, I suspect that the only
chance you have of getting this done is
to hire someone to do it for you.

Roedy Green

Hi...Anybody have any idea on developing the software such like Sound
Forge? When open the sound file, then the JFrame will display the
frequency wave. So that, can tag the start and stop time of the sound
file.

There are two basic approaches. Look for a sound editing library or
find a description of the file format you want to manipulate. Most of
them are pretty simple, just a list of amplitude readings encoded as
ints with a header. Sometimes you must translate the values with a
table to undo the logarithmic encoding.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com