Timing of the sound file

rainny

Hi, everyone. can anybody suggest me on how to get the timing of word
by word inside the sound file? When the sound file is loading, then I
want the time of each word spoken by the person. The output will
display the time corresponding with the word spoken by the person?
Does anybody have any idea on it?

Thanks for all of the reply.

Regards
rainny

Roedy Green

Hi, everyone. can anybody suggest me on how to get the timing of word
by word inside the sound file? When the sound file is loading, then I
want the time of each word spoken by the person. The output will
display the time corresponding with the word spoken by the person?
Does anybody have any idea on it?

you could analyse the sound file yourself, frame by frame looking for
silences between words. However in ordinary speech there are no
silences. All the words are run together. It takes some very
sophisticated algorithms to find the individual words.

You might use http://mindprod.com/jgloss/sitepal.html text to speech
with animated speakers.

Bo Vance

rainny said:
Hi, everyone. can anybody suggest me on how to get the timing of word
by word inside the sound file? When the sound file is loading, then I
want the time of each word spoken by the person. The output will
display the time corresponding with the word spoken by the person?
Does anybody have any idea on it?

Thanks for all of the reply.

Regards
rainny

A commercial solution may exist here.
<http://www.nuance.com/naturallyspeaking/products/audiomining.asp>

rainny

Thanks for all of the reply. However, the solution i want is open
source, is there any algorithm can applied inside the program and can
time-stamp word by word?

If anybody know about it, please kindly to help me.
Thanks .

Regards
Rainny

Andrew Thompson

Thanks for all of the reply. However, the solution i want is open
source, ..

Sure. What is your budget for this open source?

(I am guessing that if you throw enough cash at whoever
Bo Vance was linking to, they will show you the source
they used.)
..is there any algorithm can applied inside the program and can
time-stamp word by word?

Well, of course there is. To be able to do speech
recognition (for example), one the the parts is to
determine when one word finishes, and the next begins!

Keep a record of the times, and there is the solution.
If anybody know about it, please kindly to help me.
Thanks .

I suppose you are making some clever program you
intend to sell? What does this program offer to
the end user? What is the ultimate point of knowing
when one word finishes and the next begins?

Perhaps there is a simpler way to achieve the
ultimate goal.

rainny

The open source means here is that I hope to get a free simple
software to time-stamp word by word inside the speech. Currently, I am
no budget on it. The speech load inside the program is very fast, i
only can get the total time for the speech to occur. Whereas the thing
I want is to time-stamp word by word inside the speech. I want to know
the time of each word speak by the user and also the end time of each
word speak by the user. So that, I can know the time between the 1st
word and 2nd word spoken by the user.

hopefully somebody have solution on it.

Thanks you.

Regards