from XHTML to PDF in Java: LaTeX 3?

Marcus Beyer

Hello Everybody,

currently I develop content management software. I am
searching for a way to show content both on browsers and
nicely in PDF and on paper.

The content will be entered by editors with the help of an
editor component (probably this one:
http://www.realobjects.com/edit-on_JavaBean_SDK.434.0.html
). This content will be displayed on browsers. And: it
should be converted into nice PDF.

Language is Java. Isn't LaTeX 3 implemented in Java?
I didn't find any API, Sourcecode, or other hint on
their website http://www.latex-project.org/latex3.html
Can someone help me on this.

Are there good alternatives? Does someone know iText?
FOP? Others?

Thanx!
Marcus

Marcus Beyer

Marcus said:
Hello Everybody,

currently I develop content management software. I am
searching for a way to show content both on browsers and
nicely in PDF and on paper.

The content will be entered by editors with the help of an
editor component (probably this one:
http://www.realobjects.com/edit-on_JavaBean_SDK.434.0.html
). This content will be displayed on browsers. And: it
should be converted into nice PDF.

Language is Java. Isn't LaTeX 3 implemented in Java?

Oh, what I meant is NTS (a New Typesetting System).
Is NTS dead?

Marcus