FTP to Multiple Websites - Once.

Bookham Measures

Hello

I can't afford M$ CMS. What I am after used to be called Content Deployment
in Site Server 3.0.

Does anyone know of any other software that will let me define a series of
hosts and then FTP to all of them at once?

How do you guys update your clusters?

Thanks

Tim Slattery

Bookham Measures said:
Hello

I can't afford M$ CMS. What I am after used to be called Content Deployment
in Site Server 3.0.

Does anyone know of any other software that will let me define a series of
hosts and then FTP to all of them at once?

If nothing else, you could write a script that invokes the command
line FTP client (built-in to all recent versions of Windows), and
directs it to send the appropriate files to the appropriate places.

You can specify a command file when you invoke FTP, it contains FTP
commands to be executed. For general info about the FTP command, type
"ftp -h". For a list of commands, type ftp to get into the app, then
"help". For an explanation of any command, type "help <command>"
within FTP. For example, for info on the "put" command, get into the
app, then type "help put"

You might also check out free scripting languages like Perl or Python,
which can handle this type of thing reasonable easily. I have a
suspicion that Python would do this more easily, but no doubt there's
free code for Perl to make an FTP connection.