ftplib returns EOFError

Jon Bowlas

Hi All,

I've written a little method to connect to an ftpserver which works well,
however when I send a file using this ftp connection oddly I _sometimes_ get
returned an EOFError from ftplib.getline even though my file is actually
transferred.

Here's my script:

def uploadViaFtp(self, file, filename):
'''A method to upload a file via ftp'''
ftpserverloc = self.getItunesUftpServer()
ftpserverusername = self.getItunesUftpUser()
ftpserverpassword = self.getItunesUftpPsswd()
ftp = ftplib.FTP(ftpserverloc)
ftp.login(ftpserverusername, ftpserverpassword)
try:
ftp.storbinary("STOR " + filename, file, 1024)
finally:
file.close()
ftp.quit()

And here's the traceback:
Traceback (innermost last):
Module Products.FileSystemSite.FSPythonScript, line 108, in __call__
Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 348, in _bindAndExec
Module Products.FileSystemSite.FSPythonScript, line 164, in _exec
Module None, line 28, in upload_submit
- <FSPythonScript at
/silva/service_views/UCLItunesUPodcast/edit/Asset/UCLItunesUTrack/upload_sub
mit>
- Line 28
Module Products.UCLItunesUPodcast.UCLItunesUService, line 138, in
uploadViaFtp
Module ftplib, line 523, in quit
Module ftplib, line 246, in voidcmd
Module ftplib, line 221, in voidresp
Module ftplib, line 207, in getresp
Module ftplib, line 193, in getmultiline
Module ftplib, line 183, in getline
EOFError

Any help in catching and ignoring this error would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Jon