nandu.nandini

can any 1 give the future of java over other technologies. i m doing
my final year mca. i need to specialize in any technology

softwarepearls_com

can any 1 give the future of java over other technologies. i m doing
my final year mca. i need to specialize in any technology

If you're planning an IT career, you better prepare yourself for
virtually continuous learning. According to some sources, Java is the
#1 language, but whether it stays that way or not, you will have to
keep learning new things all the time. So whether you choose Java or
anything else today, don't think you'll be able to rest on your
laurels, so to speak. IT is way too dynamic for that, and.. the
greying ones among us will confirm that the pace is only accelerating.

HTH

Chronic Philharmonic

Lew said:
(e-mail address removed) wrote:
[...]

Short- to medium-term prospects for Java remain strong. The longer-term
outlook depends on when the radically new paradigm for programming that
will completely blow away object-orientation comes out.

Are you aware of such a paradigm, or are you being facetious?

Chronic Philharmonic

Lew said:
Chronic said:
Lew said:
(e-mail address removed) wrote:
[...]

Short- to medium-term prospects for Java remain strong. The longer-term
outlook depends on when the radically new paradigm for programming that
will completely blow away object-orientation comes out.

Are you aware of such a paradigm, or are you being facetious?

Neither.

I took the phrase "the radically new paradigm" to mean you had a specific
one in mind, whereas "a radically new paradigm" would have prompted me to
think "yup". Oh well...