GDBM_File under Win32

Hubert Toullec

Hi,
I am trying to install GDBM_File on Perl 5.8.0 build 806 for Win32
from Activestate.
Under PPM, I added Dave Roth's repository
(http://www.roth.net/perl/packages).
But when I launch the PPM command 'install GDBM_File", I get the
following error message :
Error: no suitable installation target found for package GDBM_File.

Does anybody can help ?
Thanks

Bob Walton

Hubert said:
Hi,
I am trying to install GDBM_File on Perl 5.8.0 build 806 for Win32
from Activestate.
Under PPM, I added Dave Roth's repository
(http://www.roth.net/perl/packages).
But when I launch the PPM command 'install GDBM_File", I get the
following error message :
Error: no suitable installation target found for package GDBM_File.

Well, the www.roth.net web site clearly states that the PPM repository
there is for Perl version 5.005. Looks like you'll have to port
GDBM_File to 5.8.0 yourself. Or use DB_File (an excellent choise) or
SDBM_File (a not-so-excellent but workable choice). Or use Perl 5.005.