Generate a unique ID that identifies the client?

Jeremy J Starcher

Some interesting further comments, especially Jeremy - hadn't seen
GM_setValue/GM_getValue & am pretty excited about these!

The magic they make happen.
How does GreaseMonkey store these
values - presumably must be stored on the local drive somewhere - and if
so, do you know if GM does its own encryption out of the box?

They are stored on the local hard drive. Not sure exactly where but you
can see/change their values with by typing 'about:config' in the location
bar.

Scroll down to:
greasemonkey.scriptvals

The exact details depend upon the name/tag as defined in your script.

Just as a side-note:

It would have helped had you posted this in the branch where my message
was, to preserve the threaded-nature of Usenet.