generate and output charts dynamically?

Guest

Hi, everyone.

I would like like to dynamically generate charts based on the database data
and output to web page (written by ASP.NET). However, I do not have any idea
to start it.

Can anyone suggest the methods and sample codes to show me how to do it?

Thanks

David

S. Justin Gengo

David,

If you're using SQL Server you should look at SQL Server Reporting Services.
A google search will get you started.

--
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer / Programmer

www.aboutfortunate.com

"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzsche

Siva M

There are many ways to do it. Here are a couple of samples:

http://aspalliance.com/jnuckolls/Articles/ASPCharts/default.aspx
http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/02/02/ASPDraw/

This one uses OWC: http://www.eggheadcafe.com/articles/20021223.asp

Hi, everyone.

I would like like to dynamically generate charts based on the database data
and output to web page (written by ASP.NET). However, I do not have any idea
to start it.

Can anyone suggest the methods and sample codes to show me how to do it?

Thanks

David

Guest

Thank you, both of you.

I have tried Crystal Reports before. But it did not work even for a static
data. I used the book "Professional Crystal Reports for Visual Studio .NET"
by David McAmis. I do not why about it.

I will try the source provided by you.

David

Guest

The simplest way is to just make a character based bar chart, as
demonstrated here:
http://SteveOrr.net/articles/BarGraphs.aspx
http://www.devx.com/Enterprise/Article/11194/

If you need it to look more polished then you you could use the graphics
namespace:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/02/02/ASPDraw/default.aspx

Or if you have more money than time you could use a 3rd party component.
Here is a nice selection of charting components for you to browse:
http://www.asp.net/ControlGallery/default.aspx?Category=1&tabindex=0
And here is another list:
http://www.xtras.net/Search.asp?CategoryID=1007