Generating XML File dynamically using ASP and SQL Database

Jon

I need to generate an XML File dynamically using ASP and a SQL
Database. I don't have time to learn php or any other programing
language. I need a ASP page to either append information to an XML
file after a form post or an ASP page that takes information from a SQL
Database and updates an XML file or creates a new XML file that
overwrites another one.

Thanks for any help in advance!

-Jon

Andy Dingley

I need to generate an XML File dynamically using ASP and a SQL
Database.

How much easier do you want it ? There's any amount of example code
floating around, even from M$oft alone.

I don't have time to learn php or any other programing
language.

That's OK. ASP and JavaScript is the only good thing about Windows /
IIS as a web server. Avoid VBScript, just use JavaScript (strictly
it's JScript)
I need a ASP page to either append information to an XML
file

That's a bad idea. There are all sorts of locking issues you don't
want to get into, where multiple web sessions try to write to the same
file simultaneously. Do it through a SQL database instead.

I doubt you need an XML _file_ at all. Maybe you'll have read-only
access to one, maybe you'll create an XML document (but not saved as a
file) on the fly, maybe you'll write fragments on XML into the
database.

You should begin by installing MSXML on the server, the relevant SDK
help file on your desktop, and getting some of the included examples
working.

_Don't_ generate your own XML. Always use a DOM like MSXML.

Then ask again with more specific questions.