Generating XML from ASP.Net Page

VR

Hi, I'm generating some XML documents to integrate my system with a
Macromedia Flash front-end and I'm really getting crazy with something
related to encoding.

As I have to use some special characters (latin) I use <? xml version="1.0"
encoding="iso-8859-1" ?> as the document declaration.

The problem is that when I generate some XML document all special characters
get corrupted in Flash but if I save the file to disk and set Flash to read
from there everything is OK.

Is there any encoding setting I'm missing when generating the XML on the
fly? (I set the Response.ContentEncoding to ASCII/UTF-8/UTF-16 and nothing
changes)

PS: I also set the Response.ContentType to "text/xml"

Thanks for any help,
Regards,
Victor