get source to jar files

odelya

hi there!
i download eclipse and can't see the source file for java classes such
as String , ArrayList etc..
more the more, i imported a jar file from external source, but i can
see the code like binary stuff.
A. how can i see Java classes source?
B. Is there a way to view extract jar classes from binary - when i
don't have the source?

Thanks
Odelya

Andrew Thompson

odelya wrote:
..
i download eclipse and can't see the source file for java classes such
as String , ArrayList etc..
more the more, i imported a jar file from external source, but i can
see the code like binary stuff.
A. how can i see Java classes source?

A search fo the Eclipse site for 'attach source code'
throws up this page as the top hit.
<http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse.../org.eclipse.jdt.doc.user/tasks/tasks-115.htm
B. Is there a way to view extract jar classes from binary - when i
don't have the source?

A google for 'java decompiler' seems to show some likely
hits, also check out JAD. These tools will not produce
'the (original) source' as such, but they might give something
workable.

Please also consistently put an upper case letter at the
start of sentences, to assist the reader.

--
Andrew Thompson
http://www.athompson.info/andrew/

odelya

Hi !
A. Thanks alot.
B. I Am blocked with the fact that I have to decompile class by class.
Is there a tool to decompile a whole zip file with classes?
Odelya

Andrew Thompson

odelya wrote:
..
A. Thanks alot.

No worries!
B. I Am blocked with the fact that I have to decompile class by class.
Is there a tool to decompile a whole zip file with classes?

No idea! ( I have never found the need to decompile
any single class, let alone groups of them. ;)

OTOH, if you can decompile one from within
Java, you might:-
- Use Java to iterate the ZipEntries of the archive.
- Extract the classes (if needed), and..
- Decompile each class in turn.

--
Andrew Thompson
http://www.athompson.info/andrew/

odelya

couldn't understand your answer. i have a .jar file with all java
classes that i would like to have the resource.
JAD decompiles them one by one. is there a tool to compile all of them
at once?

Odelya