Get the NT logon user?

les

Having come from old ASP I usually have a table of authorised NT login
names which I put into a recordset. I then get the current users login
name using: Request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER")
Then I check if the user's login name is in the recordset and redirect
as appropriate.

1) How would I go about doing this in asp.net?
2) Is it necessary to deny access to anonymous users in IIS6 before I
can get the LOGON_USER?
3) Do I have to use windows or forms authentication?

Thanks
Leslie