getElementById Help Needed ASAP

SC

I'm having a problem getting this validation script to work. There are two
images on the page with the ids of img_antirobot and img_chk_agree. In the
final page it will validate about 12 entries, so this is just a snippet. If
there are blank entries, the script is to change the appropriate images to
warning icons. Unfortunately it aways errors at the getElementById with
"undefined" as the reason. I know the names are right, so what's the
problem? I need to get this done ASAP so if anybody could help, it would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks

SCRIPT
---------

var i = 0;
invalid_array = new Array();

if (checkform.antirobot.value == ""){
invalid_array = 'antirobot';
i++;
}

if (!checkform.chk_agree.checked){
invalid_array = 'chk_agree';
i++;
}

if (i > 0){
var x=0;
for (x=0; x<i; x++){
id = "img_" + invalid_array[x];
if (document.layers){
document.images[id].src = "images/icon_warning.gif";
} else if (document.getElementById){
document.getElementById(id).src = "images/icon_warning.gif";
return false;
} else {
document.formRegister.Submit.disabled=true;
return true;

SC

Nevermind. It figures that immediately after I post this message, I fix the
problem.

Thanks anyway!

Lee

SC said:
I'm having a problem getting this validation script to work. There are two
images on the page with the ids of img_antirobot and img_chk_agree. In the
final page it will validate about 12 entries, so this is just a snippet. If
there are blank entries, the script is to change the appropriate images to
warning icons. Unfortunately it aways errors at the getElementById with
"undefined" as the reason. I know the names are right, so what's the
problem? I need to get this done ASAP so if anybody could help, it would be
greatly appreciated.

It looks to me as if at least some of the names are NOT right.
Have you tried alert()ing the id values just before using
getElementById()