Getting 404 error with 64bit ASP.NET enabled

Guest

I have just installed SQL 2005 x64 on Win 2003 x64. To load SSRS I had to set
enable32bitappon64 off and install ASP.NET 64bit. With the system configured
this way I get the ASP.NET tab on IIS and under ISAPI filters I see the
reference to the 64bit framework.
However, I cannot access any local webpages using hostname, IP address or
localhost, all result in 404 IE cannot display this webpage. I can briefly
see the title of the actual webpage attempting to connect before the
resulting 404 page is displayed (eg. 'page under construction'). I can't find
any related errors in the IIS logs or event logs.

If I set enable32bitappon64 on and install ASP.NET 32bit then local webpages
work correctly but of course accessing the 64bit SSRS fails. In this case the
SSRS failure is logged as a system event.

Any suggestions to get webpages working again with 64bit ASP.NET enabled?

Thanks,

Paul.

PS. I did see someone else had the same issue but there was no resolution
listed.