Getting a Border in an XML File

fro5tie

Please would anyone be able to help me, i have search google and tried
my best to get this to work for hours and its really infuriating now.

basically i have a site with frames

5 frames, one at the top, one at the bottom, and 3 in the middle, two
are small ones at the side and one main in the middle.
the outer 4 frames are html, and the middle one is html
when i was testing the site and the css to make sure it all looked
fine, i had 5 html files, and it worked fine with a 2px black border in
between all the frames which looked really nice, now when i put the xml
file in the middle the borders for that frame are gone, and it looks
really bad now :(

i cant figure out how to get them to work, im not sure if they are to
go in the xsl file or where? the name of the frame in the frameset is
the same as is the name in the css file, so the border properties
should still be the same. Any ideas? if you need anymore info/screens,
let me know i can post them

thanks.

Peter Flynn

Please would anyone be able to help me, i have search google and tried
my best to get this to work for hours and its really infuriating now.

basically i have a site with frames

This sounds like it might be a CSS or browser question, not XML.
Have you asked in the CSS and browser forums?
5 frames, one at the top, one at the bottom, and 3 in the middle, two
are small ones at the side and one main in the middle.
the outer 4 frames are html, and the middle one is html
when i was testing the site and the css to make sure it all looked
fine, i had 5 html files, and it worked fine with a 2px black border
in between all the frames which looked really nice, now when i put the
xml file in the middle the borders for that frame are gone, and it
looks really bad now :(

How is that middle XML file being served?
a) as plain XML formatted with CSS
b) as XML transformed with XSLT in the client (+CSS)
c) transformed to HTML server-side (+CSS)
i cant figure out how to get them to work, im not sure if they are to
go in the xsl file or where?

Obviously XSLT is involved somewhere but you don't say if it server-side
or client-side.
the name of the frame in the frameset is
the same as is the name in the css file, so the border properties
should still be the same.

At a guess you are doing the XSLT transformation client-side. This is
very unreliable in most browsers. I don't know of any way to fix it
other than trial and error.

///Peter