Getting date/time of HTTP file

baker_tony

Hi, is there any way of getting details (such as last modified/
created
date/time) of a file located on the web?

E.g I'd like to know when the file "http://www.myWebSite.com/
update.txt" was last created/modified.

I'm *guessing* I can use CHttpResponse to get some "Last-Modified"
value, but I've found it very difficult to get come clear cut code on
how to do so.

Many thanks for any help,

Tony.

Victor Bazarov

baker_tony said:
Hi, is there any way of getting details (such as last modified/
created
date/time) of a file located on the web?

E.g I'd like to know when the file "http://www.myWebSite.com/
update.txt" was last created/modified.

I'm *guessing* I can use CHttpResponse to get some "Last-Modified"
value, but I've found it very difficult to get come clear cut code on
how to do so.

There is nothing in C++ _language_ that would help you. You need
to ask in the newsgroup where 'www' is on topic. Try the newsgroup
hierarchy 'comp.infosystems.www'.

Tomás Ó hÉilidhe

baker_tony said:
Hi, is there any way of getting details (such as last modified/
created
date/time) of a file located on the web?

E.g I'd like to know when the file "http://www.myWebSite.com/
update.txt" was last created/modified.

The C++ standard doesn't mention anything about networking, however there
are C++ communities built up dedicated to portable network programming.

To achieve portable network programming, they produce a "cross-platform
library" which people can use in developing a network application which
will run on the likes of Windows, Linux, Mac, Playstation 3.

There's currently no newsgroup in place for discussing cross-platform
programming in C++, which is why I've proposed the creation of
comp.lang.c++.cross-platform. Voting should start in the next day or two
(there's a load of red tape crap at the minute).

I'd appreciate if you'd vote.