Getting Starting in JavaScript et al

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Gene Wirchenko, Nov 4, 2011.

  1. On Sat, 5 Nov 2011 04:07:29 -0700 (PDT), Sean Kinsey

    [snip]
    They are not in SF, but even if they were, I would not tell you.
    If I wanted to convince them to not go with ASP Classic, about the
    last thing that I would do is call them stupid.

    Sincerely,

    Gene Wirchenko

    Gene Wirchenko, Nov 8, 2011

  2. Well, they are not in NYC either. The same remark applies.

    We already have the programmers in-house. I will be the major
    one.
    They are.
    I have some AJAX code. It is apparently rather simple. When I
    create my pages, I will see how it goes. Maybe, you will get to rip
    it apart. I think I will post it for critique. Not that I will
    necessarily change it after, but I am interested in what others think.

    Sincerely,

    Gene Wirchenko

    Gene Wirchenko, Nov 8, 2011

  3. Gene Wirchenko

    Scott Sauyet Guest

    I was trying to suggest that this is not a phenomenon that follows
    from being human (or "from having psychology"), but might be mostly a
    cultural phenomenon. I was not trying to reject your assertion that
    we should be on guard against such tendencies in ourselves. An
    American myself, I recognize the behavior in myself and others. I'm
    just not so sure it's as universal as you seemed to imply.

    Of course not. But looking at the company it keeps does make me
    wonder a bit. Most of the awards seem to have to do with either the
    seeming triviality of the subject or with its blatant obviousness. I
    was suspecting the latter for this one, but (again, according to the
    Wikipedia article) perhaps even that obviousness is a cultural
    artifact.

    -- Scott

    Scott Sauyet, Nov 9, 2011
  4. Gene Wirchenko

    beegee Guest

    If you post where you work, I'm almost positive we can find someone to
    call your boss stupid.

    Yes, 'apparently'. Error handling, special characters, XML parsing,
    synchronization of asynchronous calls. But go ahead, reinvent the
    wheel.
    And maybe you will have a sense of humor by then but probably not.

    Good luck,

    Bob

    beegee, Nov 9, 2011