Getting the XSD type for an Element

Steven Green

I have been googling for a bit without success.
I have a schema with complex types.
I am using xerces-c.

I then declared an element of type complex type but gave it a more
meaningful name.

Is there a way to extract the original type from that node?

Thanks,

Steve

keshlam

Is there a way to extract the original type from that node?

I don't know if Xerces-C supports the DOM Level 3 features which
provide some support for retrieving schema information from a
document. If not, you may be able to do this by using some operation
specific to Xerces-C. I'd suggest asking on Apache's own Xerces-C
mailing list, since that's where you'll find the greatest
concentration of expertise about this parser.

Alternatively, of course, you could retrieve the schema itself as an
XML document and write code to chase through it to find the
declaration for that element...