Google-groups indentation problem fixed!!!!

Chris Croughton

Hmm. I am used to checking my messages regularly in google because NNTP
is not a reliable protocol and I did not notice something radically
disturbing.

You wouldn't notice it on Google, because that seems to merge blank
lines (or the HTML does, I'm not sure which).

I just retrieved it from news.individual.net, 'raw' (telnet to port
119 -- I've removed the headers, they were fine):

--------------------------------- start ----------------------------
(e-mail address removed) wrote:
-
-> This is a reply using the entry at the bottom of the message. No quote
-> or attributions show up during entry. Not good.
-
-
-I suggest you have a look at Mozilla Thunderbird:
-
-
-http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird
-
-
-
-
-You have not seen such an email client and newsreader before. Trust me.
-
-
-It is a *clean* install/uninstall, and you can test it without affecting
-your current newsgroup installations. But I tell you I haven't seen such
-a great thing before.
-
-
-
-
---
-Ioannis Vranos
-
-http://www23.brinkster.com/noicys
---------------------------------- end -----------------------------

I've added a hyphen at the start of each line to make sure that you see
the lines.
All spaces were left by me and appear normal to me. Perhaps our monitor
resolutions have anything to do with it?

Did you /really/ mean to leave 2 or 4 blank lines between paragraphs?
Why?
I am using 1280x1024.

I'm using text, and looking at the raw packets.

Chris C

Ioannis Vranos

Chris said:
[...]

Yes it looks OK to me. The same as when I posted.

Did you /really/ mean to leave 2 or 4 blank lines between paragraphs?
Why?

To be easier to read. For example here I left two spaces above and two
spaces below.

I'm using text, and looking at the raw packets.

Well I saved it in a text file and used console in full screen, but
still it looked OK to me.

What resolution are you using?

Unless I have become blind from much coding, but I think I would have
noticed it. :)