GridView Delete works on local but not server

hougie40

I have a simple Gridview sample that I threw together. On my localhost
the delete button works but on our dev server it just refreshes the
page but does not remove the record.

Code is identical. The only difference I notice is the hyperlink for
the delete button is slightly different. Locally it has
javascript:__doPostBack('GridView1','Delete$0')

but on the web server it has:

javascript:__doPostBack('GridView1$ctl02$ctl00','')

I dont know man...Im probably just going to go back to using it like a
datagrid with a record id in the querystring and then re-binding it
after delete.

Frustrated...