GridView Dynamically Inserted Template with RadioButton

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by gauty, Feb 26, 2007.

  1. gauty

    gauty Guest

    Hi All,

    I have an ASP.NET 2.0 VB.NET application with a GridView in which I
    insert a Template column at run time, using an approach similar to
    that documented here (http://www.developer.com/net/asp/article.php/
    3609991).

    The Template contains a RadioButton (and I've got round all the
    grouping issues this involves using a JavaScript workaround). I need
    the RadioButton to have AutoPostback=True, so that I can respond to it
    and change a database record accordingly. My problem is that I have to
    respond to the RadioButton's CheckedChanged event, but I can't figure
    out where to set the AddHandler code - I've tried in the class that
    creates the RadioButton in the Template, and in the page containing
    the GridView, but neither one leads to a successful capture of the
    event.

    Has anyone had a similar problem and - this is driving me crazy and
    wasting a lot of valuable time??

    TIA

    Graham

    gauty, Feb 26, 2007

  2. Try adding the handler in RowDataBound or RowCreated events of the gridview where you are adding the radiobutton to the gridview cell.

    gauty wrote:

    GridView Dynamically Inserted Template with RadioButton
    26-Feb-07

[...]

    Get Silverlight 4 Installed: Tips and Tricks
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...b-f54c56a64ed9/get-silverlight-4-install.aspx

    Kashish Malhotra, Apr 29, 2010