gridview issue - autogenerateselectbutton is not always visible

M

Mel

I have a gridview bound to an objectdatasource. In the gridview I have the AutoGenerateSelectButton = true in the first column (I have it set as a link not an image or button). The gridview is inside an Ajax updatepanel. When the page loads the gridview automatically binds and for some reason the select link is not visible at all (all other columns and data are there). If the page postsback suddenly the select link is visible. Any ideas how to fix this?

Things I have tried: setting updatepanel to Always or conditional makes no difference it still doesn't work, using a trigger or no trigger doesn't work, rearranging my form (I have large form with lots of divs and tables on my form and can't figure out the right combination to get the gridview to work right), if I export my gridview to Excel the first column does export but WHY isn't it visible on the page and I don't know how to "see" what's happening behind the scenes in my IE 8 browser, I have other pages with a select link in the gridview and those are working fine, i have turned off all CSS and that makes no difference.

(I am using Win 7 and .net 4.0)

M

Mel

I have a gridview bound to an objectdatasource. In the gridview I have the AutoGenerateSelectButton = true in the first column (I have it set as alink not an image or button). The gridview is inside an Ajax updatepanel. When the page loads the gridview automatically binds and for some reason the select link is not visible at all (all other columns and data are there).If the page postsback suddenly the select link is visible. Any ideas how to fix this? Things I have tried: setting updatepanel to Always or conditional makes no difference it still doesn't work, using a trigger or no triggerdoesn't work, rearranging my form (I have large form with lots of divs andtables on my form and can't figure out the right combination to get the gridview to work right), if I export my gridview to Excel the first column does export but WHY isn't it visible on the page and I don't know how to "see" what's happening behind the scenes in my IE 8 browser, I have other pageswith a select link in the gridview and those are working fine, i have turned off all CSS and that makes no difference. (I am using Win 7 and .net 4.0)

I figured it out. I had some code in the gridview rowdatabound event that dealt with column(0) that wasn't working as intended.

Ask a Question