Gridview only displays 3 columns of 11 column dataset

JJA

I've got a very "default" GridView control that is only showing 3 cols
of my dataset which has 11 cols. I do have AutoGenerateColumns property
set to true. Here is my code:
<asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server">
</asp:GridView>

Here is my code file:

responseWS = proxy.MarketShare(parm1) 'response from XML
Native Web Services (SQL 2005)
' loop through responseWS object array to find the individual items
For i = 0 To Microsoft.VisualBasic.UBound(responseWS)
Select Case responseWS(i).GetType().ToString()
Case "System.Data.DataSet"
Dim ds As System.Data.DataSet
ds = DirectCast(responseWS(i),
System.Data.DataSet)
GridView1.DataSource = ds.Tables(0)
'immediate window shows that ds.Tables(0).Columns.Count is 11
GridView1.DataBind()

The grid shows OK except for the fact that only 3 columns are
displayed. I know this Gridview can get quite elegant and fancy but at
this point, I just want it to display all the data plainly. Could
someone suggest something please? I am running ASP.NET 2.0 Visual
Studio 2005 on Windows XP.

bhavesh

hi jja,

just set AutoGenerateColumns propertyto false to get the effect of ur
11 columns