Gridview - Pull value from one cell in one row

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by pvong, Aug 5, 2007.

  1. pvong

    pvong Guest

    Hi, I'm a newbie and I'm looking for some help. I'm programming in
    VB.Net.

    I have a simple gridview and when the user hits the Edit link, the
    gridview changes to edit mode. I replaced the Textboxes with labels and I
    turn off the Update command because I want to write my own update command.
    I can not figure out how to pull the value from a cell in the row the user
    hit Edit on.

    Example: User hits edit on row 10 and the value I want to pull in in
    column 5 and is a Label with the ID of AnswerID. How do I get that value.
    This is what I've tried and it didn't work.

    Gridview.findcontrol("AnswerID").tostring

    Thanks!

    pvong, Aug 5, 2007

  2. pvong

    pvong Guest

    someone answered this at another group

    To get the content, use (VB.NET)
    CType(Gridview.Rows(GridView.EditIndex).Cells(5).FindControl("AnswerID"),Label).Text
    In C#:
    ((Label)Gridview.Rows(GridView.EditIndex).Cells(5).FindControl("AnswerID")).Text

    pvong, Aug 6, 2007