Gridview Row Height in Opera

Phil Johnson

Hi,

I have a gridview and I need it to display correctly in Opera.

I need to set the row height, so that even on the last page of data all the
rows are the same height as on the other pages.

In IE and firefox, setting a height in the rowstyle of the gridview and not
setting any height on the grid works really well... exactly what I need.

In Opera though, the row heights don't get set and the header row displays
with the same height as all the rows put together, pushing the rows down.

The only way I can get the grid to display at the correct size in Opera is
to leave the height off the row and set a height on the grid, which is fine
for everything except the last page, where the rows expand in height to fill
the grid!!!

Does anybody have any ideas on how I can resolve this issue in Opera?

--
Regards,

Phillip Johnson (MCSD For .NET)
PJ Software Development
www.pjsoftwaredevelopment.com

Manish

Hi Phil,

Try to set the Height in the RowStyle as well as HeaderStyle and also
alternatingRowStyle and it would work fine. I tried in the 8.5 version of the
Opera browser and it shows up fine.

Regards,
Manish
www.ComponentOne.com

Phil Johnson

Thanks for the response Manish... I tried your suggestion and it's still just
displaying the rows in Opera at their minimum height (i.e. as it would in IE
without a grid height or row height set).

It could well be inheriting a style from a containing control or
something... bit of a pain... I was hoping it would display the same in
Firefox so I could narrow down the issue with firebug, but firefox is
behaving like IE.

I have resolved it with a hack and put a 1 pixcel gif spacer image in a
template column, setting the height on the spacer to 18px and the width to
1px.

Its working fine now, but its going to be a nightmare for other people to
work on it and try to change the row height.