GridView RowUpdating has old values

Guest

The controls (textboxes) in the gridview row being updated have the old, pre
user updated values in the RowUpdating event. Does anyone have an idea why?

Thank you,

Scott

Mark E. Hansen

The controls (textboxes) in the gridview row being updated have the old, pre
user updated values in the RowUpdating event. Does anyone have an idea why?

Thank you,

Scott

The description for the GridView.RowUpdating event says:
The RowUpdating event is raised when a row's Update button is clicked,
but before the GridView control updates the row. This allows you to provide
an event-handling method that performs a custom routine, such as canceling
the update operation, whenever this event occurs

It goes on to show an example of the use of the NewValues collection (provided
as a member of the arg).

Are you saying that you're seeing the pre-edited values in the NewValues
collection?

Guest

I get the same problem. The NewValues and OldValues collections are
empty...this means I can't do anything but display the orginal data again :(
Does anyone else have this problem or a solution? I am using and ArrayList
of my own Objects with public Get/Set methods (c# style).