GridView Totals Row as First Row

Walt Zydhek

I have seen a number of articles about adding a totals row to the GridView
control. But I have only seen methods for displaying the totals row in the
Footer.

Is there a way to display the totals in the FIRST row of the GridView, along
with a custom style for that row?

Or how can a Header be modified to show two rows (the Header cell and a
Totals Cell)?

I have a project that requires the Column Headers on the first row, the
Column Totals for 8 columns, then the data rows.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

-Walt Zydhek

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

You can put the totals row anywhere you want. Header cells can take text
boxes that can be formatted to look like rows so just do an add control to
the header. Totals as the first row is usually a bad idea because special
code needs to be done to handle paging, sorting etc. Esposito had an article
entitled freeze the header scroll the grid, you can use that as a start
because that is really what you are asking for functionally.