I have created a GridView that selects data from a MySql database via ODBC 3.51

The select command works just fine as the table is being displayed properly. However, i do not know how to set the Update command manually. [You can't seem to be able to get the update feature by merely clicking on the checkbox in the advanced button - you have to do it manually if you're using ODBC].

some of the commands i've tried and doesn't work are: (just look at the updatecommand)

ProviderName="<%$ ConnectionStrings:bionicConnectionString2.ProviderName %>" SelectCommand="SELECT supplier_id, supplier_name, supplier_address1 from suppliers" UpdateCommand="update suppliers set supplier_name=:supplier_name where supplier_id=:eek:riginal_supplier_id" >

UpdateCommand="update suppliers set supplier_name=@supplier_name where supplier_id=@suppliersupplier_id"

UpdateCommand="update suppliers set supplier_name=? where supplier_id=?"

What possibly went wrong? Or is there anything that i should add? PLease HELP!!! I'm going nuts over here :) Thanks in advance!