gtk.mainquit is deprecated

awalter1

Hello,
(environment : python 2.4.2, pyGTK, GTK+ 2.6.9 under HPUX 11.11: unix)
On the instruction self.window.destroy(), I get the following
message :
lookup.py:121: GtkDeprecationWarning: gtk.mainquit is deprecated, use
gtk.main_quit instead
self.window.destroy()
But I don't want to quit the application, I need only to close the
window.
My application includes others places where "self.window.destroy()"
instruction is used and the execution is done without warning.
Very strange.
Thank you for your help

Alan Franzoni

Il 27 Feb 2007 01:56:33 -0800, awalter1 ha scritto:
But I don't want to quit the application, I need only to close the
window.
My application includes others places where "self.window.destroy()"
instruction is used and the execution is done without warning.
Very strange.

But does then the application end, as if gtk.main_quit() were called? If
it's the case, it's very likely you connected the 'destroy' signal on that
very window and you set gtk.mainquit() as the callback.

--
Alan Franzoni <[email protected]>
-

awalter1

Thank you
You're right. a connection was made between "destroy" and
gtk.main_quit (a bad cut and paste from an old application).