Handlers not getting called

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Irshad Ahmad, Apr 27, 2006.

  1. Irshad  Ahmad

    Irshad Ahmad Guest

    Hi,
    I am developing an Web Application in ASP.Net with C#. In this application I
    have used the IsApiRewrite tool for Rewriting the URL. I have got a page
    named Images and this page has got a dropdownlist. When the dropdown list is
    autopostbacked then the original URL gets appended to the Rewritten URL. Not
    only that any WebControl on that page is not calling its handler function
    ..Instead the original URL gets appended to the Rewritten URL. What i want is
    that when the dropdown list is autopostback then the Rewritten URL should
    appear in the browser. Kindly help me out in solving this problem.

    Rewritten URL :http://localhost/Entertainment/Harr...s/Images/1.html

    Actual Url: /Images.aspx?Category=Harry%20Potter%20Movies&id=1

    After Selecting a new Item in Drop down list i get the URL as:
    http://localhost/Entertainment/Harr...ter+Movies&id=1

    The Rewriting Rule is: RewriteRule (.*)/(.*)/(.*)/Images/([\w-]+).html
    $1/Images.aspx?Category=$3&id=$4 [L]

    Please Help me out.
    Thanks.

    Irshad Ahmad, Apr 27, 2006

  2. Hi Irshad,

    Thank you for posting.

    Regarding on the URL Rewriting, are you using ASP.NET's managed component
    like HttpModule & Httphandler or the raw IIS isapi filter to do the work?
    Based on my experience, using httpModule or the ISAPI filter is the general
    way. And for post back of ASP.NET page, as long as we ensure that one fake
    url will always be mapped to a fixed target url, the postback should work
    well. Here is a msdn article discussing on ASP.NET url rewriting through
    httpModule:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnaspp/html/urlrewriting.asp?frame=t
    rue

    Also, you can try testing on the postback through a simple rewritring
    mapping in the filter or httpmodule's code.

    Hope this helps some.

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Community Support