Handlers not getting called

Irshad Ahmad

Hi,
I am developing an Web Application in ASP.Net with C#. In this application I
have used the IsApiRewrite tool for Rewriting the URL. I have got a page
named Images and this page has got a dropdownlist. When the dropdown list is
autopostbacked then the original URL gets appended to the Rewritten URL. Not
only that any WebControl on that page is not calling its handler function
..Instead the original URL gets appended to the Rewritten URL. What i want is
that when the dropdown list is autopostback then the Rewritten URL should
appear in the browser. Kindly help me out in solving this problem.

Rewritten URL :http://localhost/Entertainment/Harr...s/Images/1.html

Actual Url: /Images.aspx?Category=Harry%20Potter%20Movies&id=1

After Selecting a new Item in Drop down list i get the URL as:
http://localhost/Entertainment/Harr...ter+Movies&id=1

The Rewriting Rule is: RewriteRule (.*)/(.*)/(.*)/Images/([\w-]+).html
$1/Images.aspx?Category=$3&id=$4 [L]

Please Help me out.
Thanks.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Irshad,

Thank you for posting.

Regarding on the URL Rewriting, are you using ASP.NET's managed component
like HttpModule & Httphandler or the raw IIS isapi filter to do the work?
Based on my experience, using httpModule or the ISAPI filter is the general
way. And for post back of ASP.NET page, as long as we ensure that one fake
url will always be mapped to a fixed target url, the postback should work
well. Here is a msdn article discussing on ASP.NET url rewriting through
httpModule:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnaspp/html/urlrewriting.asp?frame=t
rue

Also, you can try testing on the postback through a simple rewritring
mapping in the filter or httpmodule's code.

Hope this helps some.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Community Support