Having trouble publishing large PDB file

Joseph Geretz

I use Publish from Visual Studio to deploy my web application to my web
server. Just recently, the publish operation begain failing on a particular
PDB file. I deploy about a dozen DLL's and PDB files successfully. What's
wrong with this one?

The one difference that I can see is that this file is much larger than the
others. It's 1.4MB. Is it possible that this exceeds some sort of upload
size designed to provent DoS attacks? I am under the impression that the
default limitation is 4MB but maybe the publishing mechanism has a stricter
limitation?

Am I on the right track here? If so, can you please tell me how I can set
this up so that I can publish larger sized files? If not, do you have any
other avenues of investigation which I can pursue?

Thanks for your advice!

Joseph Geretz

Joseph Geretz

Here's the exact error message:

In Visual Studio:

Unable to add 'bin/MyLib.pdb' to the Web. The server unexpectedly closed the
connection.

On the Server:

2008-11-25 04:43:36 W3SVC1 208.82.207.196 POST
/erx/_vti_bin/_vti_aut/author.dll - 80 - 69.53.33.26 MSFrontPage/6.0 200 0 0

Which indicates a successful post to the resource in question, however for
some reason the server 'unexpectedly closed the connection'.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Joseph Geretz