Publishing problem or false error messages?

B. Chernick

I have not tried this before. I have been building an ASP.Net 2.0 app for
some weeks now and up till now I have not had any problems publishing.

I was given a Word doc to include in the app. I converted the doc to html
and copied it to the project's directory. I also copied the page's _files
directory with all the associated graphics files. I included the html, the
directory and all the files into the project. I set the Build Action
property of all image files and the html file to Content and the Copy To
Output directory property to Copy Always (also tried Copy if Newer). On the
publish popup I always select ' Delete all existing files prior to publish'
and 'Copy all Project Files'.

The html page displays correctly but I'm getting publish error messages like
this for most of the image files every time: Unable to add 'bin/Power
Products Project Application Users Guide Rev 2_files/image035.jpg' to the
Web. Server error: A page with the name bin/Power Products Project
Application Users Guide Rev 2_files/image035.jpg already exists. It was last
modified by AMERICAS\USBOCHE on 03 Jan 2008 12:27:51 -0500.

What am I forgetting? What is the best way to include an html page and it's
image files?

(I tried publishing to a new location and had the same problem. Could this
setup somehow be trying to publish the same image files twice?)

B. Chernick

To anyone interested, I've finally figured this out. The main problem was
not with Visual Studio 2005 or ASP.Net. The problem was with Microsoft Word.
When using Microsoft Word 2003 to save a doc as an html page, it is
essential to select the 'filtered web page' for output rather than just 'web
page'. Once that is done, the output can easily be imported into a web
project with Build Action already set to 'Content' and 'Copy to Output
directory' to 'Do Not Copy'. (I admit I was a bit confused about the meaning
of these options as well.)

Once that is done, the project will publish without errors.