IIS problem - Publishing site using .net 2005þ

vlavanyarao

Hi All,

I have joined this group recently and I seek all your help for a small
technical issue that I am facing...Please help me at the earliest..

I am using .Net 2005 and publishing my website onto a remote server. I
get publish suceeded message but when I try to browse the site it
gives HTTP 404 error. This happens because all the files that I
published are not getting stored on the Server. In short, The publish
works but the files dont get stored on the server.

I have the write permissions on the remote server and I am able to do
FTP / copy files to the remote server. But the fact is that whenever I
copy the files, it works fine and the moment I do a publish website,
all the existing files get deleted and the new files dont get copied
onto the remote site at all.

I am able to publish the application to a different directory on the
remote server. The problem exists only when I try to publish the site
to this particular directory. To be more clear, on the remote server I
have the following directory structure - Server -> Websites ->Default
Website,Mysite1.com,Mysite2.net,Mysite3.com,Mysite4.com [Please note
that all the Mysite(*).com.net directories are on the same level as
the Default Website and not under the Default Website]

Now, inside each of the Mysite(*).com/net , I have two directories -
testarea, livearea
When I publish the site in any of the mysite1.com or mysite2.net or
mysite3.com, it works fine. But only if I publish on mysite4.com , I
get the scenario where none of the files get copied onto the server
after publishing the website thereby resulting in the HTTP 404 error.

I checked the HTML code and found no errors. To be more accurate, what
I did was, I created a sample project that contains only the
index.aspx page and the code in index.aspx is just this -

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="index.aspx.cs"
Inherits="_Default" %>
<head runat="server">
<title>My Test Page</title>
</head>
<form id="form1" runat="server">
</form>

But unfortunately, even this project that is so simple doesnt get
deployed on mysite4.com but very well gets deployed on all the other
three domains - mysite1.com, mysite2.net and mysite3.com

Please advise.

Thanks for all your help,
Regards,
Lavanya

Michael Nemtsev [MVP]

Hello (e-mail address removed),

what exactly are u trying to publish

afaik when u are publishing your site is compiling and binaries are published

---
WBR,

"http://