Help!! - Need any suggestions, ideas and samples with a Dynamic Graph in ASP using Access 2003

Trev

Hi,

I need you suggestion and ideas as I am not a programmer by any means
but I've been reading the articles on how to show a dynamic chart in
asp web pages. I have to say it's brilliant and sounds fairly straight
forward. Problem being is I don't have all the technical programming
knowledge to get working what I need. I have the temporary graph
working ok on 2003 IIS6 web server with NTFS and Office 2003 pro
installed. I've added IUSR and IIS_WPG to the Admin group for the test
so permissions should be OK.

In C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\logs I have all my files including an Access
Database called landata.mdb and the Table name of ping I also have
six columns: 1st column is called Sent 2nd column is called
Received 3rd column is called Lost 4th column is called %Loss
5th column is called Average ms and the 6th column is called
date In the access database I would like to show the data which
is in the columns by the bars in the graph on the asp page, with an
option to view different date ping statistics (i.e. calendar to view
last weeks lost packets).

The data is being generated by a ping vbscript which writes ping
statistics to a .txt file. I am working on how to get this data into
an Access Database.

Any help would be very very much appreciated and if you have any ideas
on anything it would be more than fantastic.

Thanks in advanced

Trevor

The final text file - The Reply lines stripped out.
'----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10/05/2007 10:26:57 : Start of HOME-IIS Ping

Pinging HOME-IIS [10.0.0.1] with 32 bytes of data.

Pinging 10.0.0.1 with 32 bytes of data
Ping statistics for 10.0.0.1:
Packets: Sent = 100, Received = 97, Lost = 3 (3% loss)
Minimum = 147ms, Maximum = 195ms, Average = 151.4ms

End of HOME-IIS Ping

Mark Rae

I need you suggestion and ideas as I am not a programmer by any means
but I've been reading the articles on how to show a dynamic chart in
asp web pages.

This newsgroup is for ASP.NET

For ASP queries, please post to:

microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general