Help needed for Ruby & Watir Configuration

Swapnil P.

Hi All,

Recently I installed following versions

Windows 7
Ruby 1.9.2p0 version
with Watir 1.7.1
However I am getting error as follows, can you please help us with the
same.
(Please refer to attached file for more details)

C:\Ruby\bin>irb
irb(main):001:0> require 'rubygems'
=> false
irb(main):002:0> include watir
NameError: undefined local variable or method `watir' for main:Object
from (irb):2
from C:/Ruby/bin/irb:12:in `<main>'
irb(main):003:0> include Watir
NameError: uninitialized constant Object::Watir
from (irb):3
from C:/Ruby/bin/irb:12:in `<main>'
irb(main):004:0> include 'Watir'
TypeError: wrong argument type String (expected Module)
from (irb):4:in `include'
from (irb):4
from C:/Ruby/bin/irb:12:in `<main>'

While file is calling code then the error displayed as:-

<internal:lib/rubygems/custom_require>:29:in `require': no such file to
load --
AutoIS (LoadError)
from <internal:lib/rubygems/custom_require>:29:in `require'
from AutoIS_Launcher.rb:7:in `<main>'

Your thoughts please.

Regards,

Swapnil Patil.

Attachments:
http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/5848/Ruby_and_WAtir_-issue_02Feb.docx

Paul Mckibbin

Swapnil P. wrote in post #979284:
Hi All,

However I am getting error as follows, can you please help us with the
same.
(Please refer to attached file for more details)

C:\Ruby\bin>irb
irb(main):001:0> require 'rubygems'
=> false
irb(main):002:0> include watir

Hi, It doesn't look like you are expliticy requiring watir with

require 'watir'

before trying to include the module. Hence it doesn't have the module
name available.
You'll find some examples here:

http://watir.com/examples/