Help newbie with Netbeans help system/javadocs pls.

James Bond

I am a newbie to java and Netbeans. I am having trouble understanding
how documentation is implemented in Netbeans. Here are a few of my
questions.

1. What is the "Show Javadoc" option (Alt+F1 or in context menu from
source window) supposed to do? I am given to believe that it should
allow me to get information on specific items based on where the cursor
is when I hit Alt+F1. For example, my understanding is that on the line
System.out.println("whatever"); that if the cursor is somewhere on
"println" then when I hit Alt+F1 I would get info about that method.
However, all I get is a message in the status line of the source window
saying "Cannot find javadoc. Check the Javadoc Manager to make sure the
documentation is mounted".

So I go to the JavaCode Manager, and I have the following mounted:
jsp20-docs.zip
junit-3.8.1-api.zip
servlet24-docs.zip
xml-apis.zip
j2sdk-1_4_2-doc.zip

The first 4 were there by default and the 5th one I downloaded from sun
and added myself (perhaps improperly?) as part of my effort to figure out
what is happening. So what else should I be doing?

2. Despite Show Javadoc not doing what I would hope for, I can still do a
Javadoc index search (from the View menu or Shift+F1) for somethings,
like the println method mentioned above. But I notice that while I can
learn about methods that way, there does not seem to be any info
available about certain keywords, like "class", "public", the data types,
etc. Is this just something that is not documented, or is perhaps in
another place (if so, where?)?

I don't know why I am getting so lost with this, but I am just not
understanding precisely where documentation and help is to be found
and/or how to properly access it. Any help is clearing up my befuddled
mind (a monumental task, to be sure) is greatly appreciated.

TIA

James