Help required with Python App

Trevor Hennion

Hi,

I am producing a Web based database application for a customer and could
do with some help producing pdf documents from the data.

The project uses Apache. Postgresql and Python CGI scripts on a Linux
server for a company with 20-25 users.

I have been looking at the http://www.reportlab.org - ReportLab Toolkit,
but am rather busy with the other parts of the project, so if any one
located in the UK - Reading/Basingstoke area has the right
skills and time available now, please contact me.

I have a small budget available for this work.

Regards

Trevor

PS UK/Reading/Basingstoke area is essential.

vasudevram

Hi,

I am producing a Web based database application for a customer and could
do with some help producing pdf documents from the data.

The project uses Apache. Postgresql and Python CGI scripts on a Linux
server for a company with 20-25 users.

I have been looking at thehttp://www.reportlab.org- ReportLab Toolkit,
but am rather busy with the other parts of the project, so if any one
located in the UK - Reading/Basingstoke area has the right
skills and time available now, please contact me.

I have a small budget available for this work.

Regards

Trevor

PS UK/Reading/Basingstoke area is essential.

I don't have the time right now, though I'd be free for some work
after a week or two; but I'm not in your area. ReportLab is quite good
and has many features.

I used it to build my xtopdf toolkit, a toolkit for conversion of
other file formats to PDF. You could try using it (ReportLab) directly
from the Python scripts in your app.

If your needs are only for text to PDF conversion (of the textual data
- numbers, strings and dates from the database), then you might want
to take a look at xtopdf - see http://www.dancingbison.com/products.html.
It may be a bit easier to use than ReportLab itself (it has a small
and simple to use API), but only for text to PDF conversion - it
doesn't support images as of now. It's released under the same license
as ReportLab, the BSD license. xtopdf has sample programs that show
you how to use it. It supports setting the font (anywhere in the
output, but only one font at a time, headers and footers for each
page, and automatic pagination). You can also read this article about
it:

http://www.packtpub.com/article/Using_xtopdf
The article above shows how to use xtopdf to create PDF from various
input formats - CSV, text, TDV, XLS, etc. All done very simply with
just a few lines of code.

You could try using either Reportlab or xtopdf or getting someone to
help with using one of them.

HTH
Vasudev Ram
Dancing Bison Enterprises