    Regards

    Trevor

    PS UK/Reading/Basingstoke area is essential.

    Trevor Hennion, May 21, 2007

  2. Trevor Hennion

    vasudevram Guest

    I don't have the time right now, though I'd be free for some work
    after a week or two; but I'm not in your area. ReportLab is quite good
    and has many features.

    I used it to build my xtopdf toolkit, a toolkit for conversion of
    other file formats to PDF. You could try using it (ReportLab) directly
    from the Python scripts in your app.

    If your needs are only for text to PDF conversion (of the textual data
    - numbers, strings and dates from the database), then you might want
    to take a look at xtopdf - see http://www.dancingbison.com/products.html.
    It may be a bit easier to use than ReportLab itself (it has a small
    and simple to use API), but only for text to PDF conversion - it
    doesn't support images as of now. It's released under the same license
    as ReportLab, the BSD license. xtopdf has sample programs that show
    you how to use it. It supports setting the font (anywhere in the
    output, but only one font at a time, headers and footers for each
    page, and automatic pagination). You can also read this article about
    it:

    http://www.packtpub.com/article/Using_xtopdf
    The article above shows how to use xtopdf to create PDF from various
    input formats - CSV, text, TDV, XLS, etc. All done very simply with
    just a few lines of code.

    You could try using either Reportlab or xtopdf or getting someone to
    help with using one of them.

    HTH
    Vasudev Ram
    Dancing Bison Enterprises