Python interactive help()

Mark Lawrence

Good morning/afternoon/evening all,

Where is this specific usage documented as my search engine skills have
let me down? By this I mean entering help() without parameters to get
the following output and then the help> prompt.

C:\Users\Mark\workspace\CrossCode>py -3
Python 3.3.0 (v3.3.0:bd8afb90ebf2, Sep 29 2012, 10:55:48) [MSC v.1600 32
bit (Intel)] on win32
Welcome to Python 3.3! This is the interactive help utility.

If this is your first time using Python, you should definitely check out
the tutorial on the Internet at http://docs.python.org/3.3/tutorial/.

Enter the name of any module, keyword, or topic to get help on writing
Python programs and using Python modules. To quit this help utility and
return to the interpreter, just type "quit".

To get a list of available modules, keywords, or topics, type "modules",
"keywords", or "topics". Each module also comes with a one-line summary
of what it does; to list the modules whose summaries contain a given
word such as "spam", type "modules spam".

help>

Cheers.

Mark Lawrence.