Help with anonymous authentication

Guest

Hi,

I'm doing a survey through a web page using VS 2005 and I need that people
who want to participate don't have to identify them self.

Running the project inside the IDE it works perfectly but when I try to run
it from the web browser and I push the submit button I get the following issue

Login failed for user 'ROBE\ASPNET'.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user
'ROBE\ASPNET'.

Source Error:
Line 39: SqlDataSource1.Insert();

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): Login failed for user 'ROBE\ASPNET'.]
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException
exception, Boolean breakConnection) +734995

System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject
stateObj) +188
System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand
cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet
bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +1838
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.CompleteLogin(Boolean
enlistOK) +33

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(SqlConnection
owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword,
Boolean redirectedUserInstance) +628

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity
identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String
newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance) +170

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions
options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection
owningConnection) +359

System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options) +28
System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection
owningObject) +424
System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection
owningObject) +66
System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection
owningObject) +496
System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection
owningConnection) +82
System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection
outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) +105
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +111
System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSourceView.ExecuteDbCommand(DbCommand
command, DataSourceOperation operation) +401
System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSourceView.ExecuteInsert(IDictionary
values) +447
System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSource.Insert() +13
_Default.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in d:\Robe\My
Documents\Visual Studio 2005\WebSites\EncuestaInformatica\Default.aspx.cs:39
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
+107

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +7
sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11
includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5102

Can someone help me?

Thanks,

Robe.

Aidy

Change your connection string so that you connect using SQL authentication;

uid=sqluser;pwd=yourpassword

What is happening is that you are using Windows Integrated security so your
connection uses the user the code is running as, which is your ROBE\ASPNET
user and they haven't been given the appropriate rights to access your
database.

So create a new SQL User and use their username/password instead.

Robe said:
[...]

Hi Aidy,

I've done what you told me but I get the same error.

Do I've to change the authentication mode or something else?

Thanks for your help,

Robe.

Robe said:
[...]

In Enterprise Manager right click your server and select Properties then the
Security tab and make sure "SQL Server and Windows" is selected.

Robe said:
[...]

+33
+5102

Can someone help me?