Help with Input string was not in a correct format

Darren Clark

I thin i have found the most frustrating error EVER

"Input string was not in a correct format."

We are using Custom Datasets,,, so when it comes to running a stored proc
you set all the values and check they are OK>.

then when you actually run
myCommand.ExecuteNonQuery();

It throws that stupid error...

Even with running SQL profiler wont help as the code hasnt even hit the
datbase as yet.

Can anyone suggest a good way to debug these problems other than doing one
stored proc param at a time#?

Guest

Is it possible for you to show us the code that is used to build up your
command object

Looking at the code we can suggest an solution

Kashyp
Aztec Software and Technology Service Ltd
Bangalore

Patrice

Bascially this is when a string cannot be converted to the approrpriate type
(for exemple convering "ab" to an int should give this error).
I would double check the sp parameters. Post more info if needed...