Help with Javascript Validation. URGENT!!!

riteshjain82

Hi,
I have a form which has one textarea for the user to enter some
details. Beside that textarea i have a link to a page which is
uploading some files to a server. The user should either fill something
in the textarea or should have uploaded something to the server. When
the user clicks on the submit button of the form, i need to check if he
has done any of the above said tasks. If he has neither filled the
textarea, nor uploaded anything, i need to show an alert to the user.
Can somebody tell how this can be done using Javascript. Please help.

VK

Hi,
I have a form which has one textarea for the user to enter some
details. Beside that textarea i have a link to a page which is
uploading some files to a server. The user should either fill something
in the textarea or should have uploaded something to the server. When
the user clicks on the submit button of the form, i need to check if he
has done any of the above said tasks. If he has neither filled the
textarea, nor uploaded anything, i need to show an alert to the user.

You mean "uploaded file" or "chosen a file to upload"?

If "uploaded" then it means form submission, so your server has to
return another page - maybe with explicit sign that something is
uploaded (say extra hidden field with value "uploaded").

If "chosen a file to upload" then you can check values of both form
elements for not being empty:

<form name="myForm" onsubmit="
return
(!this.elements['Elem1Name'].value)&&(!this.elements['Elem2Name'].value);
">
</form>