Help with my programming homework (python, and raptor)

jonny seelye

Employee Salaries
You are working for a medium sized construction company as an intern in the Information Technology department. A director in the Human Resources department recently asked the IT department to write a small program that willhelp them do a salary comparison. The program needs to be able to enter the name of the employee and their salary. Once the data is loaded the program needs to find the average salary, the highest salary and the lowest salary. The program needs to print out these values along with the names of the employees that go along with the salary.
Your boss, who has great trust in you and your programming abilities, has given this project to you. You, therefore, schedule a meeting with the HR director asking for the program to clarify the program’s requirements. After your meeting you have summarized the following:
The program needs to ask for how many employees and salaries the program will be working with. The program needs to do some data validation on thisnumber to make sure it is a positive number.
The program needs to ask for the name of each employee along with their salary. Since the name of the employee will be a string and the salary willbe a number, you decide to use two parallel arrays to store the data. Theprogram will need to do some data validation on the salary to make sure itis a number and greater than 0 and less than $200,000.
The program will determine what the average salary is and print that out to the user.
The program will determine what salary is the lowest and print that out along with the name of the employee who has that salary figure.
The program will determine what salary is the highest and print that out along with the name of the employee who has that salary figure.

Use the following test data to test your program.
Employee Name Salary
John $45,600 Average Salary: $63, 862.50
Sue $55,400 Highest Salary: $89,750
David $64,700 Lowest Salary: $45,600
Betty $89,750

Chris Angelico

Employee Salaries
Use the following test data to test your program.
Employee Name Salary
John $45,600 Average Salary: $63, 862.50
Sue $55,400 Highest Salary: $89,750
David $64,700 Lowest Salary: $45,600
Betty $89,750

We're not a "do your homework for you" list. Start by writing as much
as you can yourself, then figure out exactly where you're stuck and
ask a specific question. We're happy to help you learn Python - that's
the future of programming anyway - and so we will not help you to
not-learn Python by getting someone else to do your work. Nobody here
wants to turn you into a course-qualified but utterly incompetent
programmer :)

ChrisA

Denis McMahon

Since the name of the employee will be a string and the
salary will be a number, you decide to use two parallel
arrays to store the data.

The hell I do! I decide to do this:

# data initialisation

minsal = maxsal = sumsal = 0.0
minpers = []
maxpers = []

# employee and salary input processing

get the number of employees
check the number is > 0

for 1 to number of employees
get the name
get the salary

if minsal == 0.0
note minsal
set the minpers list to name
else if salary < minsal
note minsal
set the minpers list to name
else if salary == minsal
append name to the minpers list

similar for maxsal & maxpers

sumsal += salary

# outputs

average salary = # calculate

maximum salary =
people receiving =

similar for minimum

I might have missed something from the original spec, but as I recall,
you just wanted min, max and avg salaries, and to know who was getting
the min and max, yes?